Part of the UCSF Graduate Division, OPS serves as a central resource and information conduit for all postdocs as well as for faculty and staff who work with postdocs at UCSF. You can now see statistics about the postdoc community at UCSF in an interactive Tableau dashboard or as tabular data.
Some of the activities of OPS include:
- Quarterly postdoc orientations (all postdocs as well as staff who work with postdocs are welcome)
- Career development activities
- Advising individual postdocs
- Advocating for postdoc inclusion in the activities of other campus organizations
- Reviewing/granting requests for exceptions to standard policy (e.g. length of appointment, part-time appointments)
- Working with the HR Postdoc Unit to ensure that campus postdoc policies comply with Union contract
- Participating in UC-wide postdoc workgroup
- The creation and maintenance of the OPS website
Read about the history of postdoctoral training at UCSF.
The UCSF Graduate Division
Office for Postdoctoral Scholars
Mission Bay Community Center, Third Floor
Campus Box 0523
1675 Owens Street, Suite 310
San Francisco, CA 94143
Christine Des Jarlais, EdD
Assistant Dean for Postdocs and Career Development
Administrative Analyst, Graduate Division
Communications Director, Graduate Division
The Postdoc Office is part of the Graduate Division.