"Excellent session...am very glad I attended."
"Thank you for this orientation...I learned there are a lot of resources out there, and a lot of people I can seek out for help."
- comments by recent orientation attendees
If you are a new postdoc at UCSF, we strongly encourage you to attend one of our quarterly postdoc orientation sessions. Learn about your benefits, guidelines and procedures pertaining to postdocs, career development programs, campus organizations and other resources available to you as a postdoc, and network with your colleagues. Orientation is a great opportunity to ask questions and get answers. If you have been a postdoc at UCSF for some time, but did not attended orientation previously, you are also encouraged to attend.
The next orientation will be on Thursday, October 19, 2017 from 1:30 to 5 p.m. at the Parnassus campus. To attend, RSVP here.
- Time for networking with your peers
- Introduction to policies, benefits, and services available to postdocs at UCSF
- Planning for success after you leave UCSF (activities and discussion)
- Brief presentations by representatives of campus services and organizations
- Presentation by UAW union reps
Orientation is conducted by Dr. Christine Des Jarlais, assistant dean for postdocs and career development, with participation by staff from other campus units. The union representing UC postdocs, UAW Local 5810, will also give a short presentation. Light refreshments will be provided.
Questions about orientation may be directed to Roberto Banuelos in the Postdoc Office.