Tax Information for International Postdocs

International Postdocs should refer to the International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO) for all visa, immigration issues, and tax treaty information, as well as for guidance on how to get a social security card. Because much of the pertinent information changes often, the ISSO is your best source for information about these issues.

Postdoctoral fellows and paid-directs may want to view the a PowerPoint presentation from a workshop entitled "Tax Issues Associated with Reporting Fellowships" presented at UCSF in February 2018.